Location: Colborne, ON
Reports to: Owner/Assistant Production Manager
Start Date: March 2020
Job Title: Ice Cream Production Assistant
Under the direction of the Assistant Production Manager, responsible for working closely with all Ice Cream Assistants to help the ice cream production team fulfill daily production schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Recipe & Production control
- Recipes and production lists are explicitly followed
- Attention to dates and freshness of every product
- Ensures high quality standards are met in all items produced
- Adherence to all Health Department guidelines and sanitation practices
2) Cleanliness of prep areas
- All areas and surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at all times
- Pans, dishes, and other tools are clean and organized
- Keep dry storage areas clean and organized
- Food safe certified (optional)
3) Ensures all quality standards are being met
4) Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: ice cream machinery, mixers, measuring/scaling, proper lifting techniques
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an assistant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in one spot for a long period of time, bend stoop, and kneel regularly (70% of time)
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis (50% of time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (50% of time)
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
The Ice Cream Production Assistant is an hourly position that may be part time or full time. The work schedule generally includes early mornings (7AM), afternoons, with the flexibility to work evenings as needed.
Must be available to work varying shift dates / times from Monday to Friday
Must be willing to travel alongside staff if outside of Colborne
Must love ice cream
Previous food processing and manufacturing experience is not required but a plus
Food Handler certificate is a plus
Please reach out to with your Resume!